Summer Student Volunteer Program
High school and college student volunteers are a vital part of UNC Lenoir Health Care. If you're a student who wants to give back, this is the program for you!
Each summer volunteers like you serve at UNC Lenoir Health Care in many different capacities. They help by discharging patients, delivering mail and flowers, manning the Patient Information Desk, assisting in the Emergency Department, performing computer and clerical tasks, and much more!
Student Volunteer Qualifications
In order to participate in the program, you must submit a completed application and meet the following criteria:
- be enrolled in high school or college, and have completed 9th grade
- be capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- have a grade point average of B or higher
- present an up-to-date immunization record
- provide two (2) letters of recommendation from teachers
Student Selection Process
Students are selected for our summer student program based on the completed application packet and a personal interview held in May. Applications are available every April 1 and must be returned by April 30.
Volunteering is a fun way to help others while meeting new people and making new friends. If you're interested in receiving an application packet or need more information, please contact:
Ann Durusky, Director