Volunteers with UNC Lenoir Health Care are recruited and selected in accordance with our equal opportunity, affirmative action and labor relations policies regardless of race, sexual orientation, creed, sex, national origin, handicap and age (other than minimum age requirement).
In order to perform volunteer services at UNC Lenoir Health Care, each volunteer must meet the requirements as follows:
- Must be a minimum of 15 years old and have completed 9th grade
- Complete and submit a volunteer application form [PDF]
- Appear for personal interview with the Director of Volunteer Services
- Be in good standing in the community, verified by reference and background checks
- Be approved for volunteer service by the Director of Volunteer Services
- Complete a volunteer orientation before beginning active service
- Complete infection control and safety training is required
- Read and sign necessary confidentiality agreements
- Comply with hospital and department policies, rules, and codes of ethics
- Wear the approved uniform and picture I.D. at all times when on duty
- Comply with annual refresher orientation requirements
For More Information
For more information about volunteering with UNC Lenoir Health Care, call Jane Hanrahan at 252-522-7006 or email email@example.com.