Admission & Registration
Welcome to UNC Lenoir Health Care. It is important that the registration staff have accurate information, so we will ask for specific identifying information and verification of insurance, address and other demographic information.
Registering at the Hospital
Our registration department will help you register into the system and provide an account number for the services you are to receive.
What You Need to Bring
- Insurance Card: You will need to present your insurance card(s) at the time of service. The information on the card is important for correct identification of your insurance carrier and in receiving the proper payment for services.
- Photo Identification (Driver’s License): You will need to present a photo identification with you on each visit to UNC Lenoir Health Care.
- Physician’s Orders: Any service provided at UNC Lenoir Health Care requires a physician’s order. If the order is provided by the physician’s office, please be sure to bring it with you and present it to the registrar.
Some insurance carriers require prior authorization or prior approval for admissions or for many outpatient services. Your physician may contact your insurance carrier on your behalf.
Insurance carriers will not allow hospitals to obtain these authorizations for patients. If the service that has been ordered for you requires prior approval, please check with your physician’s office to be sure it has been obtained and submitted to UNC Lenoir Health Care's Registration Department.
Hours of Operation
- Central Registration: Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Manager: 252-522-7674
- Holidays, weekends and afterhours -- Report to the Emergency Department Registration located in the Emergency Department
- Emergency Department Registration: Open 24 hours, 365 days a year
- NOTE: MRI patients only report for registration and MRI services using Wellness Center entrance located next to the Emergency Department
- Day Surgery: Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Cancer Center: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Rehab Services (Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy): Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Pre-admission Certification/Prior Authorization – a written approval from your health plan that certain services provided by the hospital will be covered by your health plan.
Premium – a periodic payment made by a policy holder (employer, individual) for the cost of insurance.
Observation - Observation is a billing which permits patients who have problems (which normally do not qualify for a hospital stay) to be allowed to stay in the hospital for a “specified amount of time”.