If you have a sore or wound that doesn't heal with conventional treatments within two to three months, you need advanced care. Trust the wound care professionals at UNC Lenoir Health Care to find the cause and help you start healing.
Expert Wound Healing Close to You
Rely on the experts at UNC Lenoir to meet your wound care needs close to home in Kinston, North Carolina. The specialists at UNC Lenoir have experience caring for patients with wounds related to injuries and health conditions, such as diabetes.
You can feel confident in our approach to wound healing because we partner with the nation's leading wound-care provider, Healogics. That means the UNC Lenoir Wound Care Center® gives you safe, high-quality care.
Your Wound Care Team
Your comprehensive team of wound care specialists will include:
- A physician with advanced training in wound management
- Nurses trained in the care of chronic wounds
- Technicians who perform non-invasive studies and various therapies
Wounds We Treat
Find care at the Wound Care Center for your chronic or non-healing wounds caused by:
Exceptional Wound Care & Treatment
Benefit from the multispecialty team at UNC Lenoir who strive to help you heal chronic wounds using advanced treatments and therapies, including:
- Cellular and tissue-based skin substitutes – Help rebuild or regenerate cells to aid healing
- Debridement – Removes dead tissue from wounds
- Dressings – Protects and promotes healing
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT)
- Offloading devices, such as shoes, casting, and boots – Reduce friction and pressure on feet and legs to prevent diabetic foot ulcers
- Pain management
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)
Help your body improve wound healing by increasing the amount of oxygen in your bloodstream. During HBOT, you will breathe 100% oxygen while lying in a pressurized chamber. HBOT has a high success rate in healing wounds. You can listen to music or watch TV during HBOT. Talk to you doctor about whether HBOT is right for your condition.
Wound Care Education & Support Services
Depending on your individual needs, your personalized wound care program may involve a range of care from other specialists at UNC Lenoir for your best possible health and recovery. These services may include:
Vein ablation programs positively impact patients suffering from vascular disease. A minimally invasive treatment, vein ablation successfully treats venous leg ulcers and adds the ability to heal ulcers faster and may even prevent them in the future. VeinCare includes:
- Venous reflux screening
- Endovenous laser treatment
- Duplex ultrasound