Respiratory & Pulmonary Care
Get the care you need to breathe better and feel healthier from the expert lung specialist—also known as a pulmonologist—at UNC Lenoir Health Care in Kinston, North Carolina.
Work with a trained and experienced respiratory and pulmonology team at UNC Lenoir who provides personalized care to you. That means you’ll get the best possible outcome for your condition.
Total Lung & Breathing Care
Our board-certified pulmonologist focuses on lung disease, respiratory and sleep care, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment. Critical care patients who need respiratory support will get specialized care, such as ventilator support.
Lung Conditions We Treat
Rely on us if you need diagnosis and treatment of:
Lung & Respiratory Services & Treatments
Our board-certified pulmonologist will look for the cause of your lung condition. You’ll get education and help managing your pulmonary and sleep-related conditions. Your doctor may recommend:
- Bronchoscopy – Examines your throat, larynx, trachea and lower airway to detect problems
- Chest physiotherapy (CPT) – Clears your airway to allow mucus to drain from your lungs
- Flu and pneumonia vaccines – Help prevent illness
- Inhaled medications – Deliver doses of medicine into your lungs
- Low-dose CT lung cancer screening – Looks for a lung problem before you have symptoms
- Pulmonary function tests – Check how well your lungs work
- Medications for narcolepsy – Help manage your symptoms
- Sleep medicine services – Study and help manage sleep problems
- Thoracentesis – Removes fluid or air from the space between the lungs and the chest wall
- Ventilator management – Uses a machine to help you breathe, if you have respiratory failure or COPD
Lung Cancer Screening
Ask your doctor to refer you for a low-dose CT scan to screen for lung cancer if you meet all these criteria:
- Have a history of heavy smoking
- Smoke now or quit in the past 15 years
- Are age 55–77
- Show no symptoms of lung cancer
The screening can reveal cancer before you notice symptoms. Treating cancer early improves your outcome.