COVID-19 Updates

*Vaccine availability and appointments* | Additional COVID-19 Resources |  Testing

Please be aware that mask-wearing is required at all UNC Health facilities.

Speech & Language Therapy

speech therapyTurn to a speech-language pathologist at UNC Lenoir Health Care if you or a loved one needs help to talk, think or swallow better.

Conditions We Treat

Find evaluation and care from a speech-language therapist for adult conditions that interfere with communication, relationships, or swallowing, including:

Pediatric Speech & Language Care

Work with a UNC Lenoir speech therapist if your child—age 2 to 18 years—needs an evaluation or help with speech and language development.

Specialized Swallowing Services

Get the help you or your child need to diagnose and treat swallowing problems with specialized tests, including:

  • Modified barium swallow study with X-ray – Assesses the muscular activity in your esophagus
  • Fiber optic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing (FEES) – Examines your throat using a long, flexible tube with a tiny camera and light on the tip as you swallow

Ask for a Referral for Rehabilitation Services

You’ll need a doctor’s referral for physical, occupational, or speech therapy at UNC Lenoir Health Care. Talk to your doctor for more information.

Make a Referral

To make a rehabilitation services referral for your patient, call a referral coordinator:

Inpatient referrals – 252-522-7785

Outpatient referrals – 252-522-7919