Recover faster from injuries, and move more comfortably, with the help of our orthopedic specialists at UNC Lenoir Health Care. You’ll work with doctors who have decades of expertise, use the latest technology, and use the least invasive treatments when possible. Visit https://www.unclenoirortho.com/ to learn more.
Conditions We Treat
Find the care you need for many conditions and injuries that affect the bones, joints, ligaments and muscles in your ankles, arms, back, elbows, feet, hands, knees, legs, neck, shoulders and wrists, including:
Orthopedic Conditions in Children & Teens
Rely on us for bone and joint care for your child or adolescent. Our orthopedic specialists can help your children live comfortably and recover more quickly from injuries, growth conditions, and sports-related pain, including:
- Inflammations caused by frequent running and jumping, such as Iselin Disease (foot), Sever’s Disease (heel), Osgood-Schlatter Disease (knee), and Sindig-Larsen-Johansson Syndrome (knee)
- Pain from repetitive arm and hand movements in sports, such as “gymnast’s wrist” and “little leaguer’s elbow”
Orthopedic Treatments & Therapy
You’ll receive conservative treatments and minimally invasive procedures, depending on your condition. These may include:
- Joint injections – Insert corticosteroids, analgesics, and other medications directly into joints or ligaments to relieve pain
- Casts and splints – Hold joints in place while they heal
- Physical therapy – Uses therapeutic exercise and other hands-on techniques to treat injuries and diseases
- Ultrasound and digital x-rays – Help diagnose conditions and guide injections.
- Arthroscopy – Examines the inside of joints using a flexible, narrow tube with a tiny camera and light at the end
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy – Stimulates regrowth of tendons and ligaments using your own blood platelets
Joint Replacement Surgery
When conservative treatments don’t relieve your pain, your doctor may recommend joint replacement surgery. Choose our skilled orthopedic surgeons to perform surgery to replace or repair your hip, knee or shoulder. You’ll receive excellent care and stay close to home and your loved ones.
Benefit from sports medicine at UNC Lenoir whether you’re a professional or amateur athlete, or learning to live with an injury or disability. Work with our orthopedic specialists to help you improve your fitness or agility.