Trust UNC Lenoir Health Care for prompt, accurate results if your doctor uses a laboratory test to diagnose a condition or help check your overall health.
Experienced Laboratory Professionals
Benefit from the care of experienced, board-certified pathologists at UNC Lenoir who work together with trained and certified medical technologists, medical laboratory technicians, cytotechnologists, and phlebotomists in the laboratory.
The Joint Commission accredits the laboratory at UNC Lenoir. That means you can feel confident that our team provides safe, high-quality laboratory services.
Comprehensive Laboratory Services & Testing
Find advanced technology and a complete range of tests, procedures, and services at the UNC Lenoir laboratory. Your doctor may recommend lab services involving:
- Chemistry – Examines your body’s metabolic functions
- Hematology – Studies your blood and finds blood diseases
- Microbiology – Analyzes bacteria, viruses, and other sources of disease
- Serology – Tests blood for exposure to infectious diseases
- Urinalysis – Checks urine to help detect health conditions or substances
If you need a blood transfusion, the blood bank at the UNC Lenoir laboratory will ensure you get safe blood that matches your blood type.
Your doctor will receive your laboratory test results and talk with you about diagnosis and treatment information, if needed.