When you have a serious illness or injury, you need fast stabilization, around-the-clock monitoring, and specialized equipment and techniques. Count on the expert critical care team at UNC Lenoir Health Care when you or a loved one needs intensive care close to home in Kinston, North Carolina.
Critical Care Conditions
Find care at UNC Lenoir for serious injuries, trauma, and other acute conditions that may need intensive monitoring, such as:
Advanced Critical Care Services & Equipment
Depend on your critical care team to quickly identify the specialized machines, devices, and treatments you may need, including:
- Defibrillators, pacemakers, and other tools that help the heart
- Catheters, bladder monitors, and other equipment to address urine function
- Machines to continuously monitor circulation, oxygen levels, blood pressure, and temperature
- Medications to maintain vital signs
- Ventilators, tracheotomy tubes, and other breathing aids
Highly Trained Critical Care Team
Our knowledgeable critical care nurses have decades of experience providing high-quality intensive care. You’ll find a compassionate, family-centered approach to care, with nurses and staff who are:
- Certified in advanced cardiac life support
- Fully trained in life-saving emergency interventions
- Up to date on the most current critical care practices
Your doctors will visit you at least once a day during your critical care stay. Depending on your condition, your care also may involve diabetes care and education, nutrition, respiratory care, and physical therapy.