Commitment to Quality
UNC Lenoir Health Care is accredited by the Joint Commission. This means we voluntarily submit to an extensive evaluation of our compliance with the Joint Commission quality hospital standards on a continuing basis.
The State of North Carolina, Department of Health Service Regulation
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act - Laboratory
- The Joint Commission-Laboratory
- North Carolina Department of Environment and Natural Resources (Nuclear Medicine)
At UNC Lenoir Health Care we believe that the patient experience is comprised of outstanding quality and excellent customer service. We monitor our patient's experience through the following surveys:
- Press Ganey surveys our inpatients. A random number of patients discharged are selected, and we use these responses to improve our patients experiences in the future. This information is also reported to CMS and appears on Hospital Compare, a website that compares all hospitals on common quality and patient experience parameters.
- Day Surgery patients are surveyed using a survey developed at Lenoir Memorial. These surveys are conducted on a quarterly basis to request patient feedback.
- Press Ganey is the vendor used to survey our Emergency Department patients.
- NC Hospital Association
- Southern Atlantic Healthcare Alliance
- NC and local Chambers of Commerce
- AHA Get With The Guidelines Silver award for Resuscitation
- AHA Get With The Guidelines Bronze award for Stroke Care
- 2007-2008 American Heart Association Fit Friendly Company - Gold Level
- 2008 NC Prevention Partners- Healthcare Excellence
- Lenoir Memorial Clinical Care among the best in the Nation
- Watson received Clinical Trials Participation award
- Lenoir Memorial General Surgery ranked #1 in North Carolina
- Cardiac Rehab nationally certified
- Hospital receives recognition for quality cancer care